Preparing For Your Stay
We understand that you may not know what you should and shouldn’t bring to rehab. We created the list below with your safety and well-being in mind. If you are unclear about what to bring please feel free to call us directly to discuss.
It is suggested that all of our guests carefully read through the list of items allowed and NOT allowed before packing for your stay. If you arrive to the facility and find that you have forgotten some allowed necessities, we will give you the chance to replace these.
What To Bring To Rehab:
- 5 – 7 days of comfortable clothing, including weather appropriate outdoor clothing (jacket, sweater or coat) and pajamas. (No revealing clothes, shorts, halter tops, miniskirts, muscle shirts, etc. or anything with inappropriate wording).
- Shoes. Sneakers, hiking boots, etc.
- Personal Items and Toiletries. Do not bring any items that contain alcohol (i.e. hairspray, mouthwash, deodorants, etc.
- Small Amount of Cash. For prescription medications and use of the vending machines.
- Alarm Clock
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Hair Gel (Non-Alcoholic)
- Mouthwash (Non-Alcoholic Only)
- Curling Iron/Hair Dryer
- Shaving Cream (Non-Aerosol)
- Disposable Razors
- Nail Clippers (No Scissors Allowed)
- Deodorant/Antiperspirant (Non-Aerosol)
It is also a good idea to bring the following items if you require them:
- Wallet/Simple Purse
- Stationary and Stamps (For those wishing to send letters)
- Journal (or a notebook)
- Driver’s License, ID, Passport, etc.
What NOT To Bring To Addiction Treatment:
- Food of any kind.
- Any perfumes, colognes, etc.
- Cards or Games.
- Permanent Markers, Scissors, etc.
- Alcohol or Drugs, or any materials reference drug and alcohol use.
- Any Items with profane or pornographic references.
- Aerosols, cleaning products (Bleach, Ammonia, or other chemicals).
- TVs, iPods, iPads, MP3 players, tablets, cell phones, pagers, etc.
- Excessive Cash, Credit/Debit Cards, Checks/Checkbooks.
- Pocket knives or any other sort of weapons.
We want you to be safe and well cared for, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us to discuss what to bring or what to leave home when you come for rehab at Above It All Treatment Centers.