Above It All, Huntington Beach: Providing Effective Treatment with the use of Tried and Proven Methods
Defeating your addiction and remaining sober is one of the hardest journeys you will ever take. Anyone who has taken this journey will let you know that addiction recovery is extremely hard without the right support and influences.
In order for addiction treatments to be effective, there are a few principles of effective treatment that all rehabilitation programs and treatment must follow. Based on research from the 1970s, the following are key principles that all addiction treatment centers and programs must follow in order for it to be effective:
The research first describes addiction as a complex, but treatable brain disease that requires a different treatment process for everyone because no one treatment is right for everyone. The research further went on to explain that:
- Recovering substance abuse users should have easy and quick access to treatment.
- An effective treatment plan should address all your needs and not just your addiction for either drug or alcohol.
- The length of time spent in treatment is important. It is recommended that long treatment is the best.
- Behavioral therapies and counseling are the most common forms of treatment used.
- When combined with behavioral therapies, medications are important for the treatment and recovery process.
- A patient’s treatment plan must be reviewed regularly and modified according to each individual’s progress and changing needs.
- Your treatment plan as a patient, should address all possible disorders and not just the addiction.
- Detoxification is the first stage of treatment and it should be assisted by a medical practitioner.
- All treatment can be effective and doesn’t need to be voluntary.
- Prescription drug use during treatment must be monitored carefully.
- All programs must test patients for hepatitis B and C, as well as for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and all other infectious disease. The programs must also teach patients how to reduce their risks for contracting these diseases.
Now that you are aware of the principles of effective treatment, let’s take a look at our treatment process and how it compares to the mentioned principles for effective rehab.
At Above It All, we strive to provide residents at Huntington Beach the absolute best treatment for all individuals suffering from substance abuse. For this reason, all our programs are designed following this tried and proven method as explained above.
First, we make our programs easily accessible to those who need us. We are currently located in Lake Arrowhead, California; however, we make our services easily accessible to all residents of California and the U.S. through our network and sober living facilities. To access our services, simply give us a call at 888-997-4116 and one of our trained counselors will talk you through the process and begin gathering information to arrange the most suitable treatment program for you, or your loved ones individual needs.
What are the treatment programs offered at Above It All?
At Above It All, we provide treatment and rehab for drug and alcohol abuse. Our programs are extensive and include therapy and group sessions designed to meet each client’s individual needs. To ensure that each client gets the treatment they need, our programs and services include:
Intervention Services – provide families with the help they need to talk to a loved one suffering from substance abuse. Our intervention program is designed to get people struggling with substance abuse to admit to their problems and agree to seek help and treatment.
Detoxification Program – is the first step to a successful treatment process. This process rids the body and mind of toxic and harmful substances lingering in the body because substance abuse.
Inpatient Treatment – is often the last resort for people suffering from addiction. Those who battle with sobriety while coping with their daily activities are often the ones recommended to participate in inpatient drug rehab or alcohol rehab.
Life Skills & Planning – because the recovery process doesn’t end when the client leaves our facilities, our programs are designed to provide the foundation, you or your loved one will need to maintain sobriety and live a happy healthy life long after rehabilitation is over.
Relapse Prevention – relapse is something that most substance abuse users in treatment will experience. The percentage of relapse becomes even higher if you were in rehab and return home. To prevent relapse from happening, we provide our clients with a relapse prevention program that helps with a gradual transition back into society.
All our programs are geared to helping you maintain sobriety long after you have left our facilities and are no longer in treatment.
If you or a loved one is suffering from addiction, the time for a change is now, give us a call today and begin your journey to recovery.