Above It All, Santa Monica: Providing Treatment Information and Help For Families with Loved Ones Suffering from Addiction
Addiction is defined as a chronic disease, which means that while it can be treated and controlled, it cannot be cured. Addiction treatment is recommended and encouraged for people suffering from substance abuse such as alcohol or drugs. At Above It All, we provide detox program and rehab for such individuals and encourage family support during inpatient rehab and emphasize its importance once the individuals return home. We also provide information and assistance to families who are concerned about a loved one who suffers from addiction.
Why do we promote and encourage family support so much at Above It All?
When it comes to addiction treatment and recovery, family and friends are critical during this process. They are great motivators and are best at motivating a loved one to enter and stay in the right treatment program. Family involvement during the treatment process can strengthen and extend the benefits of treatment.
It can be a tedious task locating the right program for a loved one, especially since the program needs to be tailored to fit each individual’s addiction and needs. Because we understand how hard finding the right treatment program can be, we provide family members with information about our tailored treatment programs, as well as, provide resources to help you determine just how successful our program will be for your loved one.
In a world where online information is prevalent, finding the right information can be hard. Where do you go when there’s so much information available And, are all these information valuable and trustworthy?
When it comes to addiction and addiction treatment, it’s essential that the information you receive is coming from trustworthy sources, especially the information you receive in regards to treatment and drug or alcohol rehab. Getting and using the wrong information can be the difference between successful treatment and maintaining sobriety.
Therefore, to prevent avoidable mishaps and to keep your love one safe, we have provided a list of reliable and trustworthy sources for families seeking information and help.
There are many resources you can use for assistance. Along with the vast amount of information provided on our website and by our expert team, there are many not-for profit organizations where you can find information to aid in your decision and teach you how to communicate with your loved one.
Online Resources for Families with a loved one suffering from addiction
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism – is a resourceful site that provides information on everything alcohol and its treatment.
- NIDA’s DrugPubs Research Dissemination Center – provides information on drugs, drug abuse, and treatment in the form of fact sheets, booklets, pamphlets and other informational resources.
- The American Society of Addiction Medicine – is a society of physicians whose main purpose is to provide access to addiction treatment. Through their website, you can find a directory of addiction medicine professionals.
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – is an organization with a vast amount of information and resources on teen drug use and addiction. The website provides parents with resources that can be used to help prevent and intervene in their children’s drug use.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse – is a government initiative designed to provide parents, families, and substance abuse users with information and research on drug abuse and the science behind addiction.
What kind of help does Above It All provide for Santa Monica Residents?
A person suffering from a disease that cannot be cured, requires round the clock support, when they are in treatment and especially when they are home with family and friends. At Above It All, we require that family plays an important role in the addiction recovery process. It is a known fact that recovery and treatment is best when pursued in a broad support system, such as the family.
Here, we do not only help the person struggling with addiction, we help the family cope and provide help, encouragement and education to each and every family member as needed. Guiding your loved one through the recovery process is difficult and as such, we encourage you to enlist one of our experts to help you along the way.