Making a resolution to seek addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one is a major decision. Another significant choice is deciding where this treatment will occur. There are thousands of addiction treatment programs and centers available, so how do you know which one is right for you?
Remember that no two people are exactly the same. What worked for a relative, colleague, or friend, may not be the best choice for you. Their situation may have been completely different. Do your research and ask questions to find a program that fits your needs and goals while providing high quality care. Here are a few things to consider:
- It is a licensed or accredited facility? What type of training or licensure does the staff have?
- What kind of results should you expect? What are the program’s goals?
- What approaches to treatment are used?
- What does aftercare or relapse prevention planning look like?
- What types of treatment are available? Are mental health or co-occurring disorders treated?
- Is treatment tailored to your individual needs?
Every facility will be slightly different, so don’t be afraid to ask questions and make sure that you are comfortable with the answers provided. You want to be confident in the care you are receiving. Above It All provides a full continuum of care from initial intervention services and detox through connecting clients with sober living options for continued progress in recovery. Clients are supported along each step of the way and engage in evidence-based and holistic therapies that promote physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual healing.
In addition, treatment plans at Above It All are tailored to meet each client’s individual needs. Clients receive treatment and support that align with where they are in recovery and their individual goals. Make sure when choosing a rehab facility that it focuses on your unique needs as there is no blanket solution to addiction recovery.
- Chicago Methodist Senior Services, Top 10 Things to Look for When Choosing an Inpatient Rehab Center. November 28, 2016, Accessed February 2, 2016.
- Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic, 10 Tips for Choosing a Rehab Facility. July 17, 2015, Accessed February 9,2016.
- Advanced Recovery Systems, How to Choose a Rehab Center. Accessed February 6, 2016.
- MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Choosing a Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. Accessed February 6,2016.
- Fogoros, Richard N. Verywell Health, 10 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Physical Rehab Facility. Accessed February 21, 2016.