Addiction recovery does not end once a formal treatment program is completed. It is an ongoing journey. One essential element of recovery is having a strong support network and people to turn to in times of trouble and celebration. Many people find this support in family, friends, therapists, and addiction recovery support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
Joining a support group – and attending regular meetings – can have a multitude of benefits for your recovery:
- You realize that you’re not alone: There are countless others who have gone through similar experiences and situations. You automatically have something in common and someone who understands addiction and recovery firsthand.
- You can be honest: When you’re surrounded by others in recovery you don’t have to try to downplay your struggles or gloss over small accomplishments. They understand the gravity of these issues. You can just be you.
- You can get feedback: Having a rough day? Learn from others about how they overcome challenging situations and stay positive. You may pick up some new strategies or ideas for activities to try.
- You can find inspiration and be inspirational: Not only can you find hope in others’ stories, others can find hope and strength in yours. You never know who will relate to what you’re going through, or who you will inspire (or will inspire you) to keep pushing forward.
- You can find support practically anywhere: Support groups are held at all different times and on different days. You can also find them throughout the country and world. No matter where you are, chances are you’re not far from a support group that will welcome you with open arms.
There are plenty of people who want to see you succeed in addiction recovery and will stand by your side. Above It All can help you get on the right path through comprehensive treatment for drug and alcohol addiction as well as dual diagnosis. We create a plan that meets your needs and work with you along each step of the way. It’s not too late to overcome addiction and turn your life around.
[cta] Start your journey to recovery and begin building your support network at Above It All. Call today to see how we can help. [/cta]