Fall is in full swing bringing with it cooler weather, changing landscapes, and plenty of fun activities. Keeping yourself active this fall can support recovery, expose you to new opportunities, ward off boredom, and create lasting memories with family and friends. Trade in a pastime of drinking for healthier activities instead; you never know what might strike your interest.
- Check out local fall festivals: Many towns hold parades, festivals, and special events to celebrate autumn and all that it brings. This can be a great way to get out of the house and do something fun with friends or family.
- Go apple picking: ‘Tis the season and the trees are heavy with fruit just waiting to plucked and eaten or turned in to applesauce, pies, or cider.
- Watch the leaves change: Take a hike and enjoy the beauty of nature. Breath in the crisp, cool air and check out the beauty of the fall foliage. It’s a perfect place to take pictures too.
- Have a bonfire or picnic: Pack up some of your favorite snacks and have a picnic overlooking the city, the sea, the mountains, or your favorite escape. Toast marshmallows and make s’mores come evening for a tasty treat as you warm up next to the fire.
- Try your hand at DIY: Get a head start on making your own holiday gifts, or create handmade décor for around your house. There are tons of projects online for all skill levels and interests. Let your creativity shine.
Find what works for you. Try activities you’ve never done before but always wanted to do. You never know when you’ll find your next hobby or tradition. Above It All can help you navigate addiction treatment and recovery so that you can make the most of your future. Regain control of your life and prove to yourself that recovery is possible.