Are you struggling with addiction? If so, you probably have many complicated feelings about it—feelings of anxiety, helplessness and even shame. The first and most important thing we want you to know is that treatment can put you on a path to lifelong health and healing. You do not have to struggle with addiction forever. Hope is achievable.
In fact, you have already taken a big step forward in your journey. By acknowledging that you have an addiction, and need assistance, you have broken through the cycle of denial that characterizes so many cases of addiction.
What You Need to Know
- Committing to change, thinking about the ways in which addiction diminishes your life and resolving to put an end to it.
- Having patience, recognizing that addiction recovery does not happen overnight, and is a lifelong process.
- Exploring your treatment options, including inpatient and outpatient addiction recovery services.
- Considering dual diagnosis facilities and other options for isolating the root cause of your addiction and treating it properly.
- Reaching out to your friends and family for support, knowing that their encouragement can mean everything.
- Committing to a clinical detox program, which is much safer, more effective and less dangerous than home detox.
- Working with an addiction recovery specialist to develop new ways for coping with stress and temptation.
Your journey will begin with an evaluation with our addiction treatment specialists, who will speak with you and develop a meaningful and safe plan for your addiction rehab and recovery here at Above It All.
We offer options for both inpatient and outpatient care, and recommend that you talk to your addiction care specialist about the treatment that is right for you. Additionally, make sure you take advantage of the aftercare services we provide, which are essential for maintaining lifelong sobriety.
We cannot stress enough is the importance of being open with your family members and close friends—letting them know how much you cherish their support, and sharing any specific ways in which they can help you. You will need support structures in place for your recovery to be long lasting.To get started with this process—and to take another big step toward a life of freedom, hope and healing—contact our encouraging and supportive team today.