Recovery is a way of life and a choice that individuals must make each day. Sometimes it can be tough to see through the challenges and realize that something better is waiting on the other side. An integral part of recovery is keeping a positive attitude and reminding yourself of what you’re working toward. Reflecting on how your life has changed for the better.
Whether you’re thinking about addiction treatment, are in early recovery, have been sober for years, or are somewhere in between, here are some quotes to make you think and motivate you to keep moving forward:
- “When was the last time you woke up and wished you’d had just one more drink the night before? I have never regretted not drinking. Say this to yourself, and you’ll get through anything.” -Meredith Bell
- “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” -Shane Niemeyer
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” -J.K. Rowling
- “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” -Robert Downey Jr.
- “Recovery is not simple abstinence. It’s about healing the brain, remembering how to feel, learning how to make good decisions, becoming the kind of person who can engage in healthy relationships, cultivating the willingness to accept help from others, daring to be honest, and opening up to doing.” -Debra Jay
- “We’re all looking at the people around us, the people who have gone before us who have succeeded in recovery and have long-term sobriety and they are an illustration for us of how good it can be.” -Scott Stevens
- “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” -Zen proverb
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” -Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.” -Emile Coue
Remember that you are not alone in your journey, and those around you want to do whatever they can to help you succeed. It can be difficult to admit that you need help, but once you make the choice to make your well-being a priority, the opportunities are endless. Above It All can help you get on the road to recovery and stay there through comprehensive addiction treatment tailored to your individual needs.